Starting June 2021, we are accepting 20 society members at Upside. All kinds are welcome: artists, makers, hobbyists, volunteers, patrons, muses, and hype team.
Membership includes full use of the space and equipment, 24/7, and invites to all our events and big builds. Membership also supports local artists and the community. It’s like a gym membership for your creativity muscles.
If you might want to join, click this button to begin the process with a few quick questions, or contact us to see the space:
Benefits for You
As a member, you’ll be one of us. That means:
- 24/7 access to the workshop
- Access to communal resources, including 3D printer
- Members only pricing on CNC router and laser
- Training classes for equipment and techniques
- Learning from professional artists
- Invitations to artist socials, performances, and auctions
Impact of Your Support
Financial support from our members helps us provide affordable workspace for artists in the heart of San Francisco, which is:
- Equipped for working with a variety of materials, from metal to wood to electronics
- Easily accessible via public transit–vital for volunteer teams
- Conducive to growth and skill development via collaboration and mentorship between artists
- Flexible enough to accommodate even very large projects
- Welcoming to all genders, colors, cultures, and identities
Our workspace is a dream come true for us, and we are super grateful to have your help in making it sustainable.
Q: How does joining work?
A: It’s a pretty simple process:
- Fill out a short intake questionnaire
- Visit us to receive a key, tour, and some legal paperwork
- Set up recurring monthly payments (via Square)
- Take training classes for use of equipment
Q: What equipment is available?
A: We have almost all of the equipment needed for woodworking, metal working, and electronics, and more on the way.
This includes computer controlled equipment. We have a CNC router (4’x8′), CNC laser (36″x51″), Glowforge, vinyl cutter and two extrusion 3D printers. We also accept requests for and donations of equipment.
Q: Do you accept donations?
A: Yes! Monetary, material, or equipment donations are all gratefully accepted. Please just contact us to discuss.
Q: Why only 20 members?
A: Because we don’t know how many will fit yet. We’re going to start with a limited number and gauge how many folks we can have without things getting crowded.
Q: What if I have other questions?
A: Just email us.